Know someone who is expecting? Give the gift of support from Mommy Fitness!
She is also certified in Spinning Babies, belly mapping and fetal positioning techniques.
“My philosophy of doula care is simple: I trust women, I trust their bodies, and I trust their choices. It’s not my job to make or even influence their decisions. It’s my job to help them be informed enough to make their own.
Being a mother of 3 grown sons, and having 3 different birthing experiences (including 2 VBAC’s) I approach each birth, each mother and each father with individual care. I consider each birth a sacred and holy moment.”
To inquire about doula packages and availability: email@example.com
Your insurance may allow you to use FLEX BENEFITS to pay for doula services.
Birth Doula Package
- Initial consultation is always free.
- Unlimited phone and email contact from date of hire to answer your questions and offer suggestions and support throughout pregnancy and early labor.
- 2-3 comprehensive prenatal home visits to assess your needs and desires for birth, define and understand our expectations of one another, and provide you with useful tools for labor and birth.
- 1 comprehensive postpartum home visit to celebrate the birth of your baby and answer any questions you have during the early postpartum period.
- Assistance writing birth plan to help you clarify your preferences for birth and explain the options that are available to you.
- Pain management/relaxation techniques (breathing, birth ball, hydrotherapy, massage, positioning).
- Information and education around possible interventions.
- Suggestions to ease some of the discomforts of pregnancy & postpartum.
- Support of partner so that he/she may best support birthing mother.
- Continuous physical and emotional support for you and your partner for the duration of labor and birth.
- Initial breastfeeding support immediately after birth to help your baby latch on properly and encourage the establishment of breastfeeding.
- Provides 18 total hours of support including prenatal visits, birth support (12 hours), and postpartum visit. Additional prenatal or postpartum visits available at the Wellness Consult rate of $60/hour. Additional birth support hours will be billed at an agreed upon rate.
Private yoga sessions or personal training available for an additional fee.
Testimonial from Amy, birth attended November 2014
My husband and I hired Julie Summers to provide her services as a doula for the birth of my first child in November, 2014. Julie made herself available to us throughout my pregnancy, meeting with us to discuss labor and delivery options and my goals for the pregnancy, as well as via phone and e-mail, at any time. My husband and I felt comfortable with, and nurtured by Julie from our very first meeting together. We both thoroughly enjoyed our meetings as Julie was always engaging and provided insightful wisdom which helped to further shape my goals for the upcoming labor.
Julie came to our home and provided comfort during the tedious late night hours. She worked with me to help me find comfortable positions to labor in and offered welcome relief for my husband who was able to rest while she worked with me. During active labor, Julie’s strength was a welcome relief when mine was waning. She never wavered in her ability to steady and comfort me. She took charge when the situation demanded direction in a way that was never authoritative or commanding, but always comforting and supportive. Julie guided me through labor by suggesting laboring positions that aided in the progression of my labor which provided a source of mental strength for me.
Julie’s knowledge of the birthing process was beyond valuable as multiple, unforeseen interventions were needed during my labor. Julie’s calm demeanor and ability to explain each option to us in a clear and concise manner eliminated much of the potential distress in an already stressful situation.
Without Julie’s knowledge, strength, and nurturing my labor would have required significantly more interventions and would have been a significantly more stressful experience for myself and my husband. I cannot sing her praises highly enough as her support enabled me to have the best possible labor and delivery I could have imagined.
We always encourage women to interview multiple doulas before making a decision.
Check out the ladies at the Omaha Doulas Association or search Facebook for upcoming doula speed dating events.
Once you’ve had Julie as your doula,
you get special Mommy Fitness benefits for life including special rates on Total Control!